Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bidding Adieu to Lizzy and Maria

Lizzy and Maria left for Elizabeth's aunt's house, a sad occurrence. Although it will be nice to have more intimate dinners between Lady Catherine and my family. I will miss the excitement of having young ladies and their company in my home. There will certainly be less parties, as my dear Charlotte does not adore hosting. On a more positive note, I did say quite a complementary goodbye to Lizzy today. She really appreciated it, and paid attention to me the likes of which I rarely see from her.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mr. Collins, I cannot express my gratitude to you enough for all that you did for me throughout my stay in Hunsford. You and Charlotte could not have been more kind, and I sincerely wish you two the best. Lady Catherine sure is lucky to have such amiable neighbors as you and Charlotte. I hope that sometime in the future I can come visit again, or that you will come visit us in Longbourn once more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that having Lizzy around is nice. I hope she will visit Rosing more often even though I think she deserves more than Lady Catherine's judgments. I enjoyed talking with Lizzy even though I know for sure she did not. I hope I will have her acquaintance once again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Charlotte provided more than enough for me during my stay, and I cannot express to you my vast appreciation. There wasn't a dull moment spent in Hunsford. It was nice to see the both of you again, especially so happily in love. It brings tears to my eyes to see my best friend that happy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete