Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sir William Has Departed

Sir William Lucas left my glorious home at Hunsford today; however, I was not devastated as the lovely Elizabeth Bennet and my wonderful wife’s adorable younger sister stayed on in my humble abode. I plan to spend much more time in the garden now that Sir William has left, as I do adore my plants and take pride in them. I really owe their glory to the advice of my spot-on patroness Lady Catherine. As my one true goal is to emulate the beauty of her residence, I am quite pleased that she gave me great advice on pruning and weeding the plants. While some of my germaniums died after her ministrations, I would consider it unlikely to foist the blame on her. The problems with my germaniums obviously must stem from bumbling touch and lack of royal grace as she has.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mr. Collins, I have meant to tell you that your garden is quite wonderful, and I admire it greatly! I am glad that you have found such a productive and gratifying use of your spare time, and I know that Charlotte indeed appreciates your efforts to improve the appearance of the residence. It is delightful to witness the product of one's hard work, and I am sure Lady Catherine is nothing but amazed by the progress of your home. I certainly am inspired by it, and it gives me pleasure to notice how well taken care of your home is and to recognize the accomplishments of both you and Charlotte that contribute to the elegance of your abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you take pride in your garden. Excuse the assumption but it sounds as if you are glad that Sir William left. He seamed to be an agreable man and I would hate to see his feelings hurt. I am sure that you had your reasons for saying such things. Parden my oppenion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you would at least try to spend more time with your lovely wife and the company that is staying in your house. I know that you truly take care of your garden, but it seems a bit disrespectful to be spending more time in your garden than with your visit. I hope that you understand that I am not trying to make you do something that will make you feel a bit uncomfortable. Just understand that I mean no harm feelings by saying these recommendations.

    ReplyDelete